Last update on 19 June 2018
When applying for membership of NZIQS you declare that you have read and agree to the NZIQS terms and conditions below, including being governed by the Institute’s Constitution and Rules and Code of Practice and Professional Conduct
1. ‘Institute’ means The New Zealand Institute of Quantity Surveyors (Inc.)
2. ‘NZIQS’ means The New Zealand Institute of Quantity Surveyors (Inc.)
3. ‘Office’ means the physical office or email address of The New Zealand Institute of Quantity Surveyors (Inc.)
4. It is a condition of your membership that you abide by the Institute’s Constitution and Rules.
5. You agree to be governed by the Institute's Code of Practice and Professional Conduct
6. Your membership starts on the date of the Institute Council meeting that approved your membership status
7. Membership is for the Institute year which runs from 1 April to 31 March.
8. You understand that your membership classification will be determined by the Institute Council.
9. The Institute has the absolute right to decline membership and you understand this application is subject to approval by the Institute’s Council.
Payment of Subscription
10. You agree to pay your annual subscription within 3 months of the start of the Institute financial year
11. Memberships approved after 1 May will pay a pro-rated subscription for the remainder of that year.
12. You may terminate your membership by giving us notice in writing at any time. This will take effect from the date of the next Council meeting that approves your resignation.
13. No refund of your membership fee or any part thereof will be made in any case of termination of your membership.
14. We may terminate your membership with immediate effect in accordance with the provisions relating to this in the Institute’s Constitution and Rules.
Changes to these terms
22. We may make additions or changes to these terms on the giving of reasonable notice, where we reasonably consider it necessary to do so. If the addition or change is to your detriment, you may, within 21 days of us giving you notice of the addition or change, terminate your membership under clause 12.