Armstrong Downes Commercial is an award winning private, owner-led, tier two construction company that strives for excellence in construction and health and safety. We are based in Lower Hutt and cover the greater Wellington region. Our projects range from $1 million - $30 million plus. We cover the full construction sector including education, human and animal health, retirement complexes, retail buildings and earthquake strengthening work.
We’re currently growing and therefore expanding our team. We’re large enough to keep challenged on multi-million dollar scale projects, but small enough to have a strong company culture where everybody can make a valuable contribution towards our success.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor is responsible for estimating construction costs for tenders and setting up and monitoring construction costs on projects, in order to maintain the company success ratio.
As a member of the QS team the Senior Quantity Surveyor will be expected to contribute to the culture and team discussions as required, and provide guidance to junior team members.
What we’re looking for:
· A minimum of 10 years industry experience
· A relevant tertiary qualification
· Commercial main contractor experience
· Impeccable time management and organisation skills
· Strong sense of commercial acumen
· Solid understanding of all sub-contractor trades
· Proven record of performance and delivery
· Advanced relationship management skills
· Experience mentoring and coaching junior staff
· Client liaison experience that ensures positive financial outcomes for each project
· Site experience
What you can expect:
· Positive, inclusive and supportive work environment
· Career development and training opportunities
· Fun and active social club
· Opportunity to help shape the future of the company
· A variety of challenging and complex project work
For more information contact Michelle Bothamley
Phone: 021 137 3737