Due to significant growth and ongoing delivery success with our clients, Turner & Townsend's Cost Management division in New Zealand is recruiting for a senior level Quantity Surveyor with proven local delivery experience to join our Auckland based team. The role will work closely with the Regional Director on current projects and developing the business across New Zealand. You will have the opportunity to progress your career swiftly and take ownership of immediate projects across a broad range of sectors.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Turner and Townsend is a world leading organisation where you will be given the opportunity to further develop your Quantity Surveying, Cost Management and business development skills in the delivery of some of the region’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects
At Turner & Townsend we firmly believe that our people are at the heart of our success and we continually strive to create a great place to work.
We promote integrity in everything that we do and apply our expertise to shape a better environment for future generations and, ultimately, generate value for our communities.
- Contributing to business development including leading the preparation and delivery of bids in the market
- Collaborate and develop good relationships with clients and stakeholders internally and externally
- Responsible for pre- and post-contract quantity surveying duties including preparation of cost estimates, procurement and tendering, contract administration, variation, final account, etc.
- Completing feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, putting the preliminaries together, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents
- Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable referring major changes to line manager
- Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
This opportunity requires:
- A recognised Degree Qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- NZIQS Membership and/or MRICS accreditation.
- Relevant work experience, ideally in a consultancy environment.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills, able to work independently and where appropriate lead a team
- Experience of leading and successfully delivering cost management commissions in the New Zealand Construction and Property market.
- Sector experience across any of the following sectors retail / health / education / commercial / air / rail.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English with excellent report and bid writing skills.
- Highly motivated and driven with a passion for delivering to your clients and have the ability to work independently.
To apply contact Jarrad Perks