NZIQS has branches in Auckland, Wellington, Canterbury and Otago.
The role of the branches
Each branch is run by a board of members. They are elected at the Branch Board AGM each year.
The role of the branches is to:
- appoint one board member to represent them at the Institute’s Council
- arrange for contact and interviews for new members in their areas
- organise mentoring schemes for students
- organise local seminars, site visits and social functions
- liaise with other industry groups in their area.
The Auckland branch covers the areas north of and including Rotorua and Whakatane. Two sub-branches run local events in Hamilton and Tauranga.
Auckland Branch Chairman: Grant Browne
Auckland Branch Secretary: Heidi van Eeden
Waikato Sub-branch Chairperson: Anita Crowe
Tauranga Contact: Martin Bisset
The Wellington branch covers the rest of the North Island. The Hawkes Bay has a sub-branch to run local events.
Wellington Branch Chairman: Brent Jefferys
Wellington Branch Secretary: Neil Edwards
The Canterbury branch is based in Christchurch. It covers the area from Cook Strait in the north to the Waitaki River in the south.
Canterbury Branch Chair: Christopher Andis
Canterbury Branch Secretary: John Peez
The Otago branch is based in Dunedin. It covers the area south of the Waitaki River. Sub-branches in Queenstown and Invercargill run local events.
Otago Branch Chairman: Calvin Beel
Otago Branch Secretary: James Young